My littlest is a big fan of tea parties. She will use any little cup and pretend to pour imaginary tea from it into something else and then take a sip. I saw scrap fabric pretend tea bags on Pinterest and thought I would whip some up.
Fabric Scrap – Tea Bags
- very small (tea bag size) scraps of fabric
- a little batting or more scrap fabric
- Cut 2 large squares about the size of a tea bag. Cut 2 small squares for the tags.
- Start sewing the two larger squares with the wrong sides facing each other. After you have sewn 3 sides pause and lift the foot up from the sewing machine. Stuff the square with a little bit of batting or small piece of scarp fabric. Place the sewing machine foot back down. Sew until the center of the square. Add the yarn. Continue sewing.
- Start sewing the two smaller squares with the wrong sides facing each other. After you have sewn 3 sides turn the piece of fabric, place the other end of the yarn in the center of the 4th side and continue sewing.