We have discovered local, in season, ripe white peaches!! They are much sweeter than an average peach peach. My big boy can’t get enough. Tomorrow will be round 3 (in about a week) of going to the local farm store to pick more up. They are accompanying everything these days, but are especially good with french toast in the morning. I have been making bulk french toast recently. Then freezing the extras in bags with two pieces in each to pull out on busy mornings.
I also made a Peach Crisp the other day. I used peach peaches, the boy wouldn’t let me touch the white peaches.
- 5 peaches, pealed, pitted, and cut into chunks
- juice of one lemon and some zest
- 1 cup four
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter – cold, cut into pea shaped pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place cut peaches into 9×9 Pyrex or similar size casserole.
- Toss the peaches with lemon juice and zest.
- Pulse the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and butter in a food processor until it is crumbly.
- Loosely sprinkle the flour mixture over the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the filling is hot and bubbly and the topping, brown and crispy.
And don’t forget the Peach Pizza!