I made popcorn for a meeting I hosted last night and my guests were impressed. I was surprised. So I thought I would share. And I wanted the opportunity to take some popcorn pictures.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup popping corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot (not a nonstick pot). Pour in the oil, add the popping corn, and salt.
- Heat on the stove with the lid on, but open a little.
- Let heat. The popcorn will start popping. Turn the heat down a little. Turn the heat off when you can count to 2 between popping.
- Shake the pot up so the salt can get better distributed.
- Serve. It is best to be eaten immediately. It can also be saved for a day or 2 in an air tight container.