We spend a lot of time riding bikes and scooters around here. Often times small friends and treasures “need” to be carried. We usually rig something up, a few weeks later it’s removed and then we start again.
Upcycled Bicycle Basket
- “The Basket” – plastic jug, bucket or container, can (no sharp edges), wooden box, old Easter/gift basket, small gift bag, cardboard box.
- Strapping – plastic zip ties, string, rope, velcro straps
- Drill, nails or scissors
- Decorating supplies – sharpies, stickers, decorative tape, etc.
- Clean out the “basket” item you are using, remove original labels if possible.
- Have the bike owner decide on the placement of the basket (mine don’t always want it front and center), and figure out where you can best make attachments. It’s best to have at least three attachment sites – two at the top and one at the bottom, if you don’t, your basket will likely be tippy and/or wiggly.
- If necessary, create holes in your basket for your strapping, insert strapping, and attach the basket to the bike.
- Decorate, insert treasure items, and enjoy (in any order).