Once again my impatience got the best of me. In about February I thought it would be fun to make the peach pizza that was posted on Facebook when I asked for pizza suggestions. In February the peach selection is minimal, but I was determined. I found rock hard, mealy peaches, bought bacon and the cheese. I assembled the pizza. My big boy asked me, as we were sitting down for dinner, what about the bacon? OH…not the most successful meal ever.
So last week I saw juicy, ripe peaches at the market. I thought I would try again. Much better this time! I am excited to try it again in August when local peaches are abundant. Maybe on the grill!?
- pizza dough
- goat cheese – small container
- 1/2 lb provolone cheese
- bacon – cooked and crumbled (check out how Jenny cooks bacon)
- peaches – pealed and sliced
- Roll out pizza dough.
- Add provolone cheese. The first time I used slices from the deli counter. This time I bought a block and shredded it. It didn’t matter.
- Place peach slices on top of the provolone.
- Place goat cheese chunks on top of peaches.
- Then crumble the bacon on top.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 400 degrees.