We are expecting more snow. Not much, but by the end of the week, we might be up over 100 inches for the past 4 weeks or so.
I like snow. And being forced to stay home is something of my introvert dream come true. No one in or out and not being able to leave the house cuts the immediate to do list way down and allows time for some back burner to do list items. I have an advantage over most families in times like this, in that my kids, in the best weather, choose to and prefer to be laying down reading for hours on end. We also very gratefully haven’t had any issues with snow and the house/roof (knock on wood). While I’ll admit a touch of cabin fever this weekend, this really hasn’t been much of a hardship.
Here are some of my favorite things that have happened while being cooped up:
- Organized my fabric stash and the kids’ book hoard
- Loved the Indiana Jones Mythbusters episode
- Cleaned out the deep freeze
- Hung a small gallery of kid paintings in the basement
- Found exfoliating gloves while cleaning out the linen closet
- Walked the dog in a ice whipping in face blizzard and heard birds singing
- Created photo books of pictures from 2007-2009 and ordered them (hoping to get to the present before Christmas)
- Rearranged the house plants
- Watched My Neighbor Totoro [affiliate link] for the first time, and have enjoyed thinking about wind gusts differently
- Finally received the Lego Big House Family‘s Christmas card
What has been your favorite part of this winter’s snow?