I think I have mentioned before that if my kids were combined into one child they would have a balanced diet. My oldest eats fruits and veggies, but little protein. My middle will eat hard boiled eggs, tofu, chicken, sausage, hotdogs, but very little veggies. The little one is still a pretty good eater. The peer pressure of her older siblings has not effected her yet.
So when the middle one declared she liked kale chips I started making them all the time. Below is the recipe for kale chips in the oven. I have also prepared them in the toaster oven for a quick addition to lunch. I have put the kale in a single layer on the toaster oven tray, put it in the tiny oven, and simply toasted them as I would bread. It takes less than 5 minutes.
- large bunch of kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt – we like Jane’s Krazy Mixed Up Salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Toss the kale, oil, and salt in large bowl.
- Lay the kale out in a single layer on to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy.