A few years ago the “Mom Quiz for Kids” went around the internet/email/Facebook. In the spirit of gratefulness, Thanksgiving and family vacation time, I thought it would be fun to dig it out again. You should try it again. It’s not only a “kids say the darndest things” sort of thing, but a good check on how you come off and what is important to your kids without getting too serious or having an in-depth conversation about it.
I typed my kids’ answers out here, tagged the child answering them by age. They were right on for most of the questions, and pretty off for some. I’ll leave you to guess which is which. I posted the quiz that circled around, plus a couple extra questions, but I have been coming up with additional questions all day. I haven’t corrected any of their wrong answers when they say them (unless they asked), but I have asked the reasoning behind a few responses. It’s interesting to see yourself through their eyes.
Here are some additional questions: Who is my best friend? How much do I weigh? What is one thing you would change about me? What kind of vehicle would/should I drive if I could drive/fly anything? What is my favorite game? What is the best thing I cook? What is my favorite kind of candy? What is your favorite story about me? If we had a whole day with me and all of the money in the world, what would you want to do together? What would you get me for my birthday/Christmas if you could buy anything? What is my favorite TV show/movie? What is something you can teach me?
It’s likely my results will not hold any entertainment value for you, these really are personal sort of quizzes. Go enjoy a few minutes sitting down with your kids and getting the discussion going!
Mom Quiz for Kids
1. What is something your mom always says to you?
4: I love you.
6: I love you.
8: I love you.
2. What makes your mom happy?
4: Coloring with me.
6: Cuddling with me.
8: When we do what you say and we act like we love you.
3. How does your mom make you happy?
6: By letting us eat candy and cookies.
4: Speaking of candy, can I have candy now?
8: When you let us do stuff that we want.
4. What makes your mom sad?
6: When we don’t follow the rules.
8: When we run away and get mad at her.
4: I don’t know. When I fake laugh?
5. How does your mom make you laugh?
6: By tickling.
8: When you tickle us.
6. How do you make your mom laugh?
4: Honk! Honk!
6: Act like a turkey.
8: When we laugh.
7. What did your mom like to do when she was a child?
6: Sell hats.
8: Play the trumpet.
8. How old is your mom?
9. How tall is your mom?
8: I don’t know.
10. What is her favorite thing to do?
4: Play Star Wars.
6: Cuddle with me.
8: Spend time with us.
11. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
6: Think about us.
8: Clean, pick up, think about how much you want us around.
12. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
6: Playing the trumpet so good.
8: For having the best brain ever.
13. What is your mom really good at?
6: Playing the trumpet. Writing teeny.
8: Doing math.
14. What is your mom not very good at?
8: Thinking that you can’t get things right or giving up.
6: Thinking that we can’t do all of the hard stuff.
15. What does your mom do for her job?
8: Shop and take care of people.
16. When your mom was a kid, what did she want to be when she grew up?
6: I think its two things: an astronaut and a diver.
8: I don’t know. A mathematician, maybe.
17. What is your mom’s favorite food?
18. What makes you proud of your mom?
6: You’re so good at tons of things.
4: Same thing.
8: Me too.
19. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
4: Jimmy on Wild Kratts.
6: Dora. Your hair looks a little like hers.
8: Someone that’s really funny.
20. What do you and your mom do together?
4: Play Star Wars.
6: Play games.
8: Figure out math problems.
21. How are you and your mom the same?
6: Brown hair.
8: We’re both good at figuring stuff out.
22. How are you and your mom different?
6: You’re bigger than me.
8: We act different when we’re mad.
23. How do you know your mom loves you?
6: Because you tell us a lot.
8: You say it too much.
24. What does your mom like most about your dad?
8: He works hard.
6: He works hard to give us money.
25. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
4: To Cape Cod.
6: In bed to snuggle.
8: To Grandma’s house.
26. What do you like the best about your mom?
4: You play with us a lot.
6: You feed me macaroni.
8: You’re good at stuff and help us a lot.