Okay, Sarah, here’s a slow cooker recipe for you to try.
I’m in one of my joyful times called “cleanout challenge.” It happens every couple of months or so, because I am not a meal planner and I (for the most part) go grocery shopping only once per week and get things that are on sale or that look good. Then I get to spend one to two weeks doing a “cleanout challenge” where I try to the random stuff I’ve amassed in my pantry and freezer into meals my family will eat without buying more stuff. I usually defrost the deep freeze and finish off anything left frozen from the garden in January or February as well.
The result today was that, taco night went slow cooker style.
Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- 1 – 1 1/5 lb. chicken pieces (I used a pack of breast tenders)
- 1 cup chicken broth (I used water + Better Than Bullion)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder (or garlic powder or both)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Optional: red pepper flakes, slices bell peppers, sliced onions, minced garlic
- Taco Fixins (hard/soft shells, beans, rice, salsa, sour cream, onions, avocado, cheese, lettuce, olives, chili peppers, jalapenos, guacamole, pico de gallo, etc)