My kids often get stuck on what to create. I saw this idea in a newsletter that came home with my son. If you have a child in the same elementary school as I do you may have seen this idea in the Family Bulletin. I thought it was brilliant and made two sets. It is meant to start the creative process with at least 3 ideas.
- 3 wooden blocks
- At least 6 different colored sharpy markers
- On one block simply color each side with a different color.
- On the second block draw a shape on each side.
- On the third draw an object on each side.
- Have your child roll the dice to see what they should paint, draw, or other wise create.
I did the drawing on the wood for these sets, but next time I will have them do it.
The idea came from the Resources for Education.