My nieces birthday is near Halloween, so for the last several years I have made her Halloween costume as a gift for her. This year my sister in law had another idea. My niece was going to get a hand me down costume from another cousin so… Could I help with the monster themed birthday party craft? My sister in law had noticed a monster no sew pillows kit and was wondering if we could figure them out. Sure I said! I am always looking for an excuse to go to the fabric store.
This is what we came up with:
Monster Pillows: No Sew
- 3/4 yard of fleece
- fabric / fleece scraps
- fabric glue
- I measured out 4 inches on a piece of note book paper. Cut it to be a consistent measure of the circle I was about to cut.
- With the fleece still folded, place a dinner plate face down on top of the fabric. Using the 4 inch marker mark a circle 4 inches from the plate.
- Cut out the circle.
- Cut tabs about 1-1 1/2 inches wide x 4 inches long.
- With the fabric scraps glue a silly or scary face onto one side of the fleece.
- Let dry.
- Tie the top piece of fleece to the bottom by tying the tabs together.
- I made a circular pillow with the sewing machine to make it one less step for the birthday party. To truly no sew – before the last couple of tabs are tied simple fill the center with stuffing.
I also made these instructions for the six 10 year olds at the party. MONSTER PILLOWS
Here is a helpful YouTube video to figure out the best tying method for you.