I love sandwiches.
I eat a lot of meals at the table with the kids, but if I’m going to make a sandwich, I like to feed the kids and shoo them away from the kitchen before making and enjoying a sandwich. I find both parts making and eating in quiet equally enjoyable. And sometimes what’s left on the kids’ plate makes the best sandwiches (i.e. scrambled eggs and sausage between blueberry Eggo’s). 2 out of 3 times, I’ll sit down to enjoy my sandwich with a giant “Ahhhhhh…” and at least one child will wander in and want to eat my sandwich, even when I’ve filled their little bellies and shooed them away. I’m usually a sucker for their little faces or just really want to have my sandwich with no one around, so I’ll pass it on and start again.
I don’t have a favorite sandwich. I like to mix and match things and come up with new combinations. Eggs, cheese and leftovers are my preferred and most common ingredients.
Here’s the sandwich de juor… and after all this sandwich talk, it’s actually a wrap.
Pizza Egg Wrap
- Whole wheat tortilla or other wrapping ingredient
- 1-2 eggs
- cheese of choice (here, it was pre-shredded mozzarella & provolone, and fresh grated parmesan)
- pizza fixin’s (I chose pizza sauce, pepperoni, and fresh basil)
- cooking spray
- Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray and fry your egg(s) over medium-high heat.
- Add your pizza toppings to the top of the fried egg in the pan over lowered heat until the ingredients are warm and the cheese melted. You might want to put a cover on to speed this up.
- In a separate pan warm your tortilla on both sides, and place flat on a plate.
- Top the tortilla with the egg and other ingredients, and wrap it up.
- Enjoy before someone asks for a taste. It’s a trap. They’ll eat the whole thing.