Is there anything better than going for a long walk first thing in the morning, you are allowed to leisurely sniff all of the coyote tracks you want, and you come home and your bed is right in the sunlight?
YES! Of course, there is! It’s called Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
adapted from Tracy’s Culinary Adventures
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/3 -3/4 cups salted caramel sauce (based on personal taste)
- fleur de sel or other salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the sugars to the melted butter and stir (right in the pan).
- Add the vanilla and eggs and mix completely.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt until incorporated. Your dough will seem dry.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the dough into the prepared dish. Spread the desired amount of caramel sauce onto the dough, then cover that with the other half of the dough. Sprinkle the desired amount of salt over the top of the dough (optional).
- Bake until golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven to a wire rack. Eat all warm and gooey, or cool completely and cut into nice squares.